Goldfish not eating and staying low
This is my first experience with fish.
I bought 2 Goldfish, 2-3 inch in size(most likely common)on 1st feb 2013.
small Tank with around 2.2 gallon capacity cotton filter and oxygen pump.
I fed them 1 pinch of floating pellets once or twice a day.(the ingredients written on label are :wheat, corn, fish meal, oatt meal, dried yeast, shrimp, soybean, gluten, solvent extract, cod lever meal, algae, lechithin, spirulina & trace minerals.
*min. crude protein-32% *min. crude fat-3% *min. crude fibre-5% *max. moisture-10% %max. sodium chloride-2.5%)
both of them are inactive and staying low since morning 4th feb(especially smaller one) and are not eating nor are in search of food like they were during the first 2 days.
i did change 25% of water on 4th feb morning(after mixing fresh water with anti chlorine).I have also added glass pebbles which i washed with hot water.
there doesnt seem any bulging or any disorder on their body
I am totally inexperienced and dont know anything about how to test the water for ph level, ammonia etc
I dont want my fish to die within 4-5 days which is a very common case
Short answer, unfortunately your tank is far too small for two goldfish...they are suffering from ammonia poisoning...really it is only big enough for perhaps a sole male betta (even then they are best in 3+ gallon tanks)
Goldfish are really messy, high ammonia producing fish that can grow to 18" long (in the case of commons) if given sufficient water.
Your commons really should be in a pond. Commons are not good aquarium fish. Unfortunately there is so much misinformation about goldfish.
Here is all you may want to know about goldfish and their care.
Right now, until you can rehome them, you will need to do massive water changes. Daily if not twice a day.
one of its fin is stuck
and few white spots are also visible
is there any need of medication or water changing will do?
Well, as Thea said, you are going to have to get a bigger tank. If you don't, they are not going to make it.
If they have white spots, they have ich, which means you will need to keep them in very clean water and medicate for ich. Normally I would say treat with heat and salt; however, goldfish are cold water fish and cannot tolerate the increased heat.
It looks to me like you have one common goldfish and one comet. Both get huge and require a LOT of water. Honestly, to keep them at all (even at the size they are now), you will need a 30 gallon tank, and that's just at a minimum for a short period of time!
I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but unfortunately a 2.2 gallon tank is just WAY too small for goldfish.
can i leave them in a well?
as getting a larger tank isn't possible
No you cannot. Your goldfish may have ich -- a parasite. If you release them into the wild you will releasing an aquarium parasite into nature.
This is highly irresponsible. Either return the goldfish from where you got them explaining that you cannot look after them, or find someone who is prepared to and has the equipment to do so.
It is always a good idea to research the needs of a pet before bringing one into your home.