So, it all started when I got a 20g tank then I got what they call MTS. Now MTS is a wallet crippling, pocket and bank account draining disease. But, good researching and some time and elbow grease you could turn a horrible looking acrylic tank(like the one below) and flip it around to a beautiful crystal clear tank.
All you need(depending on how deep scratches are) is:
1) a palm sander.
2) 2000grit sand paper.
3) 1000grit sand paper.
4) dish detergent(only a few drops) mixed with water in a sprayer.
5) microfiber towels.(atleast 5)
6) polishing ball.
7) power drill.
8) meguiars plastx
9) some free time.
Okay, so first wipe down the inside and outide to remove dust. Now, ill give you step by step instructions.
1) Spray the Acrylic with the detergent/water mix, be generous.
2) Go over entire inside with the 1000grit sandpaper first.(dont force or push, just let it slide, and if it feels like its sticking add a lil more mix)
3) After that, wipe down the entire inside with a microfiber towel.
4) Then go over it with the 2000grit sandpaper.
5) Again wipe down with a different microfiber towel.
6) Start polishing!
7) Then wipe down the inside again, and WALA!
Of course you may have a different expiernce if you have deep scratches, but those(up to a point) should not be remove due to it could cripple the tank and cause it to catastrophically implode(break and unleash all water into your house)
ended up buying a stand, and here’s the set up now! It all came together pretty nicely!